Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Interests?

It is Saturday and time for fun over at Genea-Musings Randy has given us a mission.. and this is it..


Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

Tell us about your "other" hobbies or interests outside of genealogy and family history research, writing, speaking, etc.

Write a blog post of your own, respond with a comment to this post


Well here is more about me ...

I am married to a sweet man and am living in Texas for a few years. We lived in Minnesota until retiring and moving to California for three years.. Now in Texas for awhile.

We owned and I ran a used bookstore for 15 years in Minnesota and I loved my bookstore. We closed that down when we retired.

We have been buying books and other treasures for many years and selling on eBay.

I have a total of 13 grandchildren and wish I could see them more but do not want to be in the snow at all. And it snows in Minnesota alot and to long.

This last year I have started couponing and refunding heavy to save money and be frugal. I have another blog that goes into this.

I of course love to read and mysteries are my favorites. I have met Sue Grafton, John Sandford, Steve Thayer, Vince Flynn , Patricia Cornwell and James Patterson. I was especially thrilled to meet James Patterson and loved his smile. Be still this old ladies heart. My hubby likes to joke he was flirting with me and I wish it was true. Of course this was a few years back and a few pounds less.

Wayne Newton kissed my cheek and of course all the other ladies cheeks in the 70's after a concert in Duluth, Minnesota

I stayed up all night for Elvis tickets and saw him twice in concert and believe he is the true King of Rock and Roll.

So now you know a little more about me. Take a look if you like at the others at http://www.geneamusings.com/2010/01/saturday-night-genealogy-fun-your.html

Thanks For Stopping By... Grace

3 comments:

  1. A bookstore? I would have done nothing but read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ~
    I'm know it's been awhile, but I wanted to thank you for the Happy 101 Award! I've posted about it on my blog today. It's just been awhile since I've blogged - and I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you!! :-)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some days I did just read on and off. But I was the boss. Was a wonderful experience

    ReplyDelete

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...