Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday My Great Grandparents Adam and Rachel Zion






Today for Tombstone Tuesday I am sharing the gravestone of one of my great grand parents

This is Johnathan Adam and Rachel Ann Millsap Zion at the time they married.

Johnathan was born September 29, 1861 and died April 07, 1927

Rachel was born 1863. I have her birth date as April 19, 1862 but gravestone says 1863 which is

probably correct. Need to check on that further. She died May 13, 1945.

They married in 1866 in Lamoni, Decatur, Iowa and had five Children. Perry ( my grandfather),

Norton, Bessie , Gertrude and Mary E

They are buried in Craig Colorado at the Fairview Cemetery in Moffat County. http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~comoffat/index.htm

Rest in peace grandpa and grandma.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful photograph and how lucky you are to have it! It's precious!

    ReplyDelete

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...