Friday, January 14, 2011

On This Day Michael Cassell / Cossel My 4 Great Grandfather Was Born


On this day the 14th of January 1763 my 4th great grandfather Michael Cassell / Cossel was born in Augusta, Virginia . He married Mary Fleenor, together they had eleven children. Son Jonathan is my 3rd great grandfather.

Michael passed away 9th August 1847 in Charleston, Illinois.
This is a picture of his tombstone that I found by searching www.findagrave.com
note name is spelt COSSEL. In the coles County Genealogical Society's publication ,
" The Prairie Sleeps" vol 1 page 39 , there is a note that Michael Cossell /cassell is buried in the Cossell Cemetery, but that his grave marker has been moved to Mound Cemetery, which is actually just about a mile SE of Cossell Cemetery
The last name of this ancestor can be found spelt Cossell ,Cossel, Cassell. Family came from Germany with Michael's father being born in Germany before coming to America with father. There is a lot to learn on this family line.
Thanks for stopping by.. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...