Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wordless Wednesday My Aunt Alice My Dad's Twin Sister



Wordless Wednesday ... okay almost Wordless... can not be totally quite.

This my aunt Alice Zion Houston 1921 - 1991 . My father's twin sister.
I love this picture. Her smile is so warm and inviting.

When I think of genealogy the picture that comes to my mind is of her. She lived in California while we lived in Minnesota. Every few years she and my uncle Houston would visit us in their motor home. She would share family information and pictures. Oh how I wish she was still with us. She would love the information she could find on the Internet. The census reports, family members, pictures and so much more.
My aunt Alice and Uncle Houston would travel the USA meeting relatives and visiting court houses to get information. She even had a window shade with family trees on it. She could roll it up for traveling in the motor home.

This picture is a 1940 high school picture. She is so pretty and I adored her. Did not see her as often as would of liked. But the memory of her makes me happy and warm.
Rest in peace aunt Alice. So many loved and adored you.
Thanks for visiting me on Wordless Wednesday .. please come again real soon... Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...