Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter Memories Week 2 of 52 Weeks Of Personal Genealogy and History



Week 2 of 52 Weeks of Personal History and Genealogy. Winter Memories

I grew up in Duluth, Minnesota where winter visits us for months on end. Temperatures can get into the 20 to 30 below zero range and then you have the wind chill factor to deal with.
As a child I loved winter as long as it was not to cold to play outside. My sister I love to go sliding down our little hill or skating on the elementary school ice rink. We would skate when ever possible.



I got a pair of skis one year but never went anywhere with that. Went down a bunny hill once or twice. That was the end of that.

As a young adult the lakes would freeze and we could walk on the small lakes, watch people ice fish and go snow mobiling.

Now I prefer to be in a warm client during the winter. I am now living in Duluth after 22 years.
This is our first winter living north in five years. So far it has not been to bad but I know that will change any day.

Thanks for stopping by as I share my memories in a 52 week series.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your winter memories of Duluth. Part of me reason for writing this particular Winter memory prompt for the series was that I grew up in southern California and have no concept of winter. I wanted to read about everyone else's winters. :)

    ReplyDelete

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...