It's Saturday Night again - time for some more Genealogy Fun over at Randy Seaver's
Join in if you like.
Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):
1) How old is one of your grandfathers now, or how old would he be if he had lived? Divide this number by 4 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."
2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ancestral name list (some people call it an "ahnentafel"). Who is that person?
3) Tell us three facts about that person in your ancestral name list with the "roulette number."
My maternal grandfather William Henry Day was born October 1889. He would be 121 years old if he was alive. Divided by 4 gives me a roulette number of 50.
Number 50 in my ahnentafel chart is Levi Anderson. Levi is the son of David Anderson and Elfrieda. He was born in 1810 in Rome New York. He died about 1858 in Rome, New York.
He married Harriet Carpenter about 1837.
Levi is some what of a mystery and I really do not know much about him. His death date is a mystery as of now. One son said he died in 1858, but there was a Levi Anderson of Rome New York who died 03 January 1862. The Rome Citizen had an article of a Levi Anderson being found frozen to death and that alcohol was a factor.
Another mystery is wife Harriet Carpenter Anderson's father dies in 1857 and names Harriet in the will as Harriet Carpenter rather than Anderson. Also he leaves to son David 2 parcels of land one of them being land known as Levi Anderson place.
So we do not know if this means Levi and Harriet separated or divorced about this time.
What I do know about him is
1. He and harriet had 7 children, Monica, Abram, Betsey, Phoebe, William, Fairfax and William.
2. 1850 census has him listed as a farmer
3. Levi and Harriet lived next door to Harriet's father in the 1840 and 1850 census
so you can see I know hardly anything about him.
Harriet is found in the 1860 census living with two children on a small farm and listed as Harriet Anderson.
I need to find a death certificate.
Search census for 1860 to see if I can find a Levi Anderson
Thanks for stopping by ... Grace
Genea-blogger John Newmark (who writes the Transylvanian Dutch blog) started a Monday blog theme years ago called "Amanuensis Monday.&q...
Surname Saturday Hensley It is Saturday and I am counting down my Ancestral Name List I am at my 5th great grandparents Note that earlie...
Saturday night and the weather here has been stormy. It is starting to clear up and a I think it is a perfect time to join Randy Seaver Sat...
It is Saturday and I am counting down my Ancestral Name List I am at my 4th great grandparents Note that earlier great grandparents were d...
Today I am continuing with my Surname Saturday postings with my ancestor Lovejoy family name and my 10th great grandfather Rowland Lovejoy o...
I'm following my ahnentafel report for my Surname Saturday posts. My fourth surname is the Millsap name 1. Grace Zion 2. Dad Zion 4. ...
1. Grace Zion 2. Arthur Zion ( 1921 - 2008 ) 3. Muriel Day ( 1922 - 1998 ) 4. Perry Zion ( 1886 - 1958 ) 5. Alta Hall ( 1892 - 1944 ) ...
Saturday Night Genealogy Fun put on by Randy Seaver -- Female Ancestors Age at Death Here's mine (I'm going to use ahnentafel nu...
Surname Saturday Merrill Family I'm following my ahnentafel report for my Surname Saturday posts. I am at my Merrill family name which ...
Name: William Mccormack Gender: Male Birth Year: 1710 Spouse Name: Rebecca Spouse Birth Year: 1714 Number Pages: Last night while ...