Sunday, March 4, 2012

Fearless Females Blog Post 21 Marriage Records

Fearless Females March 4 Marriage Records  — Do you have marriage records for your grandparents or great-grandparents? Write a post about where they were married and when. Any family stories about the wedding day? Post a photo too if you have one.

Last year I posted that the only vintage marriage record I have is of my great grandmother Katherine Gallagher to Appleton Esler and it is into pieces. But I have it and it is beautiful.

What I do have are wedding photos of some of my family members.  Here is the wedding photo of my great aunt Grace to her first husband.  I shared a picture of her yesterday with my aunt Daisy for Sepia Saturday.
I shared this picture before of my great aunt Grace before here with a story of what was happening in the world when she married. Fun interesting piece of history around her. Aunt Grace married in Minneapolis, Minneapolis. Her husband was about 13 years older than her and they never had any children. 
I do know my aunt Daisy adored her and we girls and Aunt Daisy would take the train to the cities every year to visit Aunt Grace and her sister Aunt Gladys.  I remember it being hot and she had no air conditioner.  We would want to stand in front of the fan and she would not let us. She was afraid we would catch a cold.  They may be one of the reasons I felt she was crabby. This time frame would of been in the late 1950's or early 1960's.  We would stay at an old hotel down town within range of the train station.  The name of the hotel is gone from my memory, but I stayed there in 1966 with my first husband when we visited Minneapolis on our honeymoon.  It is long gone like so many buildings of my youth.

Thanks for stopping by for another posting of Fearless Females, please take a moment and read some of my other postings. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...