Friday, March 2, 2012

Sepia Saturday 115 : Games or How About Just Playing In A Puddle

Sepia Saturday 115 : Games 


This week for Sepia Saturday the topic is games. I could not find any pictures with people playing games with in my family photos. While searching through piles of old photos I found a bag full of photos of my Aunt Daisy. Aunt Daisy was my mother’s sister and was a big part of my life. My mother got polio back in 1952 and when we moved from Texas back to Minnesota, aunt Daisy would take us girls to places my mother could not. She would take us to the fair every year and we would take the train from Duluth to Minneapolis once every summer. She never married and always called us girls, my sister, two cousins and myself her kids. In the later 1960’s my parents bought a large house and moved my grandmother and my aunt Daisy to live with them. After grandma died, aunt Daisy continued to live in the lower level of the house until they sold the house and moved to a senior high rise. For the first time ever Aunt Daisy had her own apartment. Age was creeping in and she had a tendency to save to many meals in the refrigerator. My cousin Bonnie would go and clean it out every week to help keep things tidy.

So for Sepia Saturday I am sharing a darling picture of my Aunt Daisy playing in a puddle of water. With her is a young version of my great aunt Grace Day Crosby. Funny seeing pictures of aunt Grace young because she was always old to me. I remember her old, serious and a bit crabby. Here she is young, pretty and smiling and enjoying her brother Bill’s first child. I like this picture of her and aunt Daisy. Every one is young and happy in old photos.

I think I will post some more pictures of a young aunt Daisy soon. Until then thanks for stopping by, how about taking a moment to pull out some old photos you have. Lets find young and happy people of long ago to make us smile. Grace

10 comments:

  1. It's fun seeing young photos of those we've known only as "old people." I really like your aunt Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great photo. Love that they're reflected in the puddle.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puddles are always irresistible when young, a lovely moment to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever I see posts like this it makes me wonder why there are no photos of our family before my generation. My parents did not have a camera and I've worked out that it was the 1960s before I did.
    Treasure those photos you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a darling photo. I agree it is fun to see the elderly in photos when they were young. My dad was not present in my life after I was 8 and I found one showing him young and handsome before becoming an alcoholic. Great post.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful photo! It makes me want to put my wellies on and go and jump in some puddles :-) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The girl that is standing in the photo really looks unhappy, while the other appears to be enjoying herself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An unusual photo Grace. You're right about those old sepia pictures reminding us that people we only knew in their old age, were also children once. Our parents, the memories of whom for most of us, go back to perhaps their twenties or thirties, are a prime example. I love looking at pictures of mine (and writing about them) when they were young.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful memory! I too used to play in puddles and now I cringe to think that I did.

    ReplyDelete

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...