Tuesday, March 6, 2012

FEARLESS FEMALES Post 23 HEIRLOOMS

Fearless Females Blog Post: March 6: Heirlooms



March 6 — Describe an heirloom you may have inherited from a female ancestor (wedding ring or other jewelry, china, clothing, etc.) If you don’t have any, then write about a specific object you remember from your mother or grandmother, or aunt (a scarf, a hat, cooking utensil, furniture, etc.)

I have shared several postings in the past of family treasures.  You can view them by going here.  I have shared about wedding rings, bibles and bears made out  of fur coats.  I am blessed to have treasures from my mother, aunt daisy, grandmas and grandpas and great grandparents.  The best treasures in my opinion are the family bibles.

Thanks for stopping by for Fearless Females, hope that you will take time to read other postings. Grace

1 comment:

  1. My dear Mum died a year ago and I have inherited several items. Her wedding ring, which was made by a friend back in the 1950s: a plain band, quite weighty, 22 carat - it absolutely IS my parents ie thoughtful for their friends (give a bloke some work), plain and simple (they were unfussy people) and 22 carat - only the best for my Mum from my father...I am so proud to wear her ring and it reminds me of their love for each other and our family, and her stoicism having been a widow for 30 years.

    ReplyDelete

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...