Saturday, March 3, 2012

FEARLESS FEMALE Post 20 NAME SHARING WITH AN ANCESTOR

FEARLESS FEMALE ~ NAME SHARING TRENDS ~
Last year I wrote about being named after my two grandmothers. My mother's mother Grace and my father's mother Alta.  Alta was named after her grandmother Alta Cheuvront. You can read that story here.

I love my name it is after two important family members.  Some people do not like their names and want to change them but I have always been very pleased with my name. 

At this time I have people in my ancestry tree recorded. So far I have six Grace's including my self. The oldest one is Grace Spencer 1674 to 1714. She is my 6th great grandmother on my mom's side of the family.  Grace married John Day Jr with the Day name being passed down to my mother's father.
She and John had 12 children and she passed away shortly after the last child was born.



There are four people named Alta the oldest being my 2nd great grandma Alta Cheuvront and there are two of us with the name Alta as a middle name.

Do you have any naming practices in your family line?  It can be an interesting study.

Thanks for stopping by for Fearless Females, I hope that you will take a moment and look at some of my other postings. If you think we may be related I would love to hear from you . Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...