Friday, January 13, 2012

LIVE YOUR ANCESTORS LIVES READ HISTORY BOOKS Women Sufferage In Kansas 1888

Do you ever wonder what life was for your ancestors. One of the best ways to look into their lives is to look at the history that was happening around them at that time.


Tonight while doing a search on my Flavious and Anna Woodmansee Millsap I put into the search engine their county in Kansas. They were living in Boone, Bates Missour in the 1880 census and by 1900 they were in Cleveland and Richard Townships, Stafford, Kansas.
At the Kansas Historical Society I came across a copy of Woman Sufferage in Kansas an account of the municipal elections in Kansas in 1888, as told by the newspapers of the state.


Since I know they were living in Stafford county in 1900 I went to that section to read that section.  More study will have to be done to find out exactly where Anna was living during this period of history. No matter where she was living exactly this was an important time in history for all women at that time.

Thanks for stopping by.. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...