Tuesday, January 3, 2012

ON THIS DAY GREAT GREAT GRANDPA GALLAGHER / GALLAHER PASSED AWAY IN 1898

In 1898 on this day my great great grandfather Patrick Gallagher passed away in LaCrosse Wisconsin. Patrick was born in Ireland about 1838 and arrived in the United States some time in 1850. He was married to Joanne Riordan and had four children Mary, Bridget, Kathreen and William. He and Joanne settled in Wisconsin where they raised their family by being a farmer. I know very little about him and Joanna but do know they were Catholic.
Would be interesting to find a book to read about what it was like to live at this time and being an immigrant from Ireland.
I hope to make a trip this spring or summer to LaCrosse Wisconsin and see if I can get a death certificate for both Joanna and Patrick, find their gravestones and any other information I may find on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...