SURNAME SATURDAY McCormick FAMILY From Virginia 1716Saturday and time to take a look at one of my surnames. If by chance you find we are related I hope to hear from you.
Tonight I am looking at the McCormick family.
This line is on my father's side the Zion side.
1. Grace Zion
2. Arthur Zion b April 30 1920 d Sept 15 2008
3. Muriel Day b Feb 23 1922 Minnesota d Feb 28 1998 Minnesota
4. Perry Zion b Dec 12 1886 Kendal Kansas d Dec 21 1958 Winlock Washington
5. Alta L Hall b June 26 1892 Evansville Wisconsin d Feb 21 1944 Winlock Washington
8. Jonathan Adam Zion b Sept 29 1861 Decatuer Iowa d April 07 1927 Craig Colorado
9. Rachel Millsap b April 19 1862 Mount Ayr, Ringgold county Iowa d May 13 1945 Spanaway Pierce county, Washington
16. John Henderson Zion b 28 Nov 1831 Rush, Indiana d 22 April 1920 Foster Missouri
17. Mary Cassell 19 Oct 1834 d 20 Nov 1919 Iowa
32. McCormic Zion b 22 Jan 1795 North Fork River Holston Washington, Virginia d 26 Dec 1836 Decatur Iowa
33. Mary Gobble b 4th April 1796 North Fork, Holston River, Virgiania d 20 Nov 1835 Rush Indiana
64. John W Zion Sr b 1765 North Fork Holston River Virgina d before 1850 Cane Creek, Lee, Virgina
65. Lucy McCormick b 1722 Bedford, Virginia d 1854 Cane Creek, Lee, Virginia
130. William McCormick Jr b 1745 Hanover Virginia d 1775 Bedford Virginia
131. Agnes Adams b after 1740 Hanover Virginia d abt 1775
260. William McCormick b abt 1716 Fredrickville Goochland Virginia d 1753 Louisa County, Virginia . Will is is said to have been recorded in Louisa County, Virginia in 1753. Children named in the will are reported as David, William, Thomas, John, Micajah and Charles and daughters Mary, Nancy, Sarah, and Elizabeth. Further research needs to be done to get a copy of this will.
261. Rebecca b abt 1722 Hanover Co Virginia
I have found at ancestry that there was a William McCormick who served in Captain Richard Taylor's 1st Virginia Regiment commanded by Col JamesHendricks, Esq. William McCormick is enlisted from April 1778 and received $6 2/3. He is also on Richard Taylor's company roll in September 1777. This would not be my McCormick since he had passed away. Could be a relative of his though.
My William McCormick # 130 died in 1775. His will was signed 31 July 1775. The will mentions his wife Agnes and his children John, David, William, Lucy, Jesse and Nancy. Since he makes no specific bequests to any of his children and since he names his wife along with William Adams as his sole executors, it may be that his children were quite young at least under legal age at the time of his death.
His will was executed 23 October 1775.
William Adams is listed as one the executors. " I William McCormick late of Buckingham now of Bedford County; and the Virginia tithables for Buckingham County, Virginia
Source Bedford Co Will book #1 p 239.
Further research needs to be done here to get a copy of the will by either finding a copy on the Internet or I will have it get a copy if I can visit Virginia.
More time will be spent on finding information on this family. Thanks for stopping by.. your friend in family research... Grace