Popular Posts

52 Weeks Of Personal Genealogy History

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sepia Saturday 109 21st January 2012 Dolls Are The Theme Creepy Is My Pick






This weeks theme for Sepia Saturday is dolls. Last night I was busy working on updating my family research and spaced out taking a look at this weeks theme.

My first thought was that I would not find any old family photos with dolls. My baby photos had stuffed animals. On second look at this photo I see what is a doll on the left hand side.

The pretty baby is me of course and I am in my little tub. Mama writes there was no water in it so I am safe I guess. The note says I am chewing on my yellow duck. This picture would of been taken in 1949 and we were living in Texas, probably Baytown Texas.

I think the doll actually looks a little creepy, I sure did not have much hair at this time.

I love these old family photos. Thanks for stopping by for Sepia Saturday. I am sharing this over at Sepia Saturday. Take a look at others offerings on this weeks theme. Grace

6 comments:

  1. I remember having a little enamal tub just like yours. But I don't think I ever had a doll like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By my reckoning all the toys count, not just the doll whose body looks like a teddy bear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somebody else had one of those dolls in their post. They were basically animal bodies with a glued on doll face. I remember making one for my daughter as Baby Bunting, but it had a sweet face and went with the nursery thyme of the same name. Lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder whether there is a special name for those plush bodies with a doll face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think one of my cousins had a doll like that. I thought it was supposed to be a little snowsuit or pjs. I didn't have much hair at that age either but eventually it grew in, as I bet your's did too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very amusing composition with the dolls and baby lined up. That plush body doll reminds me of the snow babies figurines.

    ReplyDelete