Friday, February 24, 2012

Sepia Saturday: Made for Walking It Is All About The Shoes Vintage Family Photos

Sepia Saturday: Made for Walking is all about the shoes is this Saturday's challenge.


Here are a couple old pictures of cuties in shoes. The first one is of me and my cousin Bonnie taken in 1951 Boyton Texas. I would of been about 3 and Bonnie 2 years old. We seem to be wearing matching dresses and shoes.

The next picture is just to adorable.  This one was found in my mother's family's pile of photos. It is of Juanita Halvorson a cousin of my mother's. She is so sweet looking with the curly hair and smiling face. Look at how the socks bunch up at her ankles. I will have to share this at ancestry on my family tree so other family members can have it.


Juanita was the step daughter of my great grandmother Katherine. Juanita's mother was Tillie and I do remember her with fond thoughts and always thought of her as my grandmother's sister and knew nothing of this step relationship.
I hope that you enjoy some of my family photos of shoes. I will be sharing these over at Sepia Saturday.  Grace

9 comments:

  1. You and your cousin appear to be the same size. Because of the matching outfits, I was wondering whether you were twins. Maybe you both had a grandmother who gave you the same outfits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are such adorable photos. You were all so cute, and so were your shoes.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Atleast Juanita kept her socks on; my daughter regularly took off shoes and socks at about the same age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace, both pictures are adorable. The little girls so neatly dressed and white sandals. Good to have these mementos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those are some huge socks on poor Juanita. Her feet must have been pretty toasty.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are simply wonderful photographs which only really come into their own when clicked and enlarged. Great Sepia Saturday material.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three little girls are precious. I'm very curious about what Juanita's outfit. Everything she's wearing seems to be loose and stretchy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute shoes and cute little girls~

    ReplyDelete

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...