Monday, December 20, 2010

Advent Christmas Calendar Day 20 Religious Service


For day 20 of the Advent Calendar the question is ... Did your family attend religious services during the Christmas season? What were the customs and traditions involved?

Being that my father and uncle were ministers religion was a big part of our family. They both had other occupations to support the families but were also part time ministers.

My father had a small church for a few years and my uncle was the family minister for weddings and funerals. Some where I have a picture of my sister and cousin on the church stairs in our Spring coats.
At Christmas time we would have church services and Christmas programs. Wonderful memories of a close family all year long and even so at Christmas time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...