Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Identifying ZION Family Photos Who Are These Relatives



I have a pile of photos that are relatives. Problem is they are not identified and everyone who may of known are no longer around for me to ask.

First photo I know 4 people for sure.

Squatting on the ground in the front second young male is my father

Next row back women with her arms around young girl's waist is my grandmother Alta mother of my father and the young girl is my aunt Alice twin sister to my father. Two ladies to the right ( facing photo ) little women in the dark dress is my great grandmother Rachel Millsap Zion mother of my grandfather Perry.

I do not recognize my grandfather Perry so either he is not in the picture or that is him back row right side hiding behind the child. I am guessing that the young man on my dad's side may be his brother George and on other side brother Joe.

I am dating the picture mid 1930's. My father and his sister were born October 1921 and they are probably about 13 or 14 years old in this picture.

More work to be on this photo to see if anyone else can be identified. Oh how I wish some one would of written on the back of this photo

Second photo is from my father's side I think, but so far I can not identify any one in it.

I will be sending a copy to some cousins to see if they can identify any one. I need to accomplish as much of this as I can or my children and grandchildren will have no clue.

One of my goals this year is to work on family photos and trying to identify those that I can. If I should luck out and someone sees from the name Zion in the title and thinks they are related please let me know in comments.

Thanks for stopping by.. hope that you will stop again

2 comments:

  1. Hi Grace. I just discovered your blog today and am so impressed with the amount of family information that you have gathered.

    In the second photo, the elderly woman in the back row on the far right is my grandmother, Mary Etta Zion Exley. Based upon other pictures I have, I am about 70% sure that the man kneeling in the front row holding a child is her youngest son, Richard Exley. If so, the woman leaning forward with her face obscured is probably his wife Irene. I also have some pictures given to me by Eleanor Exley Philips with unidentified family members. Perhaps we should share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting I would lover to share

    ReplyDelete

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...