Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Advent Christmas - Day 7 Christmas Parties


Advent Christmas Day 7 .. the topic is Christmas Parties.

Our Christmas parties were about getting together with family and revolved around the church.

We would spend time with my Grandma and Grandpa Day, Aunt Daisy and Uncle Don, Aunt Lil and cousins Bonnie and Cherryl.
My other Grandfather lived in Washington and we never spend any holidays there. My Grandma Alta had passed away about 4 years before I was born.
Christmas mainly revolved around church and spending time with the family. My daddy and uncle Don were ministers and the church was very important in our family.
When I was a pre teen, my family and a group of others left the church they had been attending and started their own little church. This church was just blocks from where we lived and when the weather was good we would walk to church.
Every year at Christmas time there would be a Christmas program. I sure wish I had some old pictures of those Christmas programs.
The only program I kind of remember is, the children were to dress in costumes of a country their families were from. I wore something that was to look like England and think my sister Mary wore something green for Ireland. Bonnie was either for Scotland or Finland.
The memories I am sharing are from my childhood. I plan to print and give to my sons and grandchildren to read if they ever want to.
thanks so much for stopping by.. hope that you come again soon.. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...