Sunday, December 26, 2010

On This Day McCormick Zion Dies in 1863


On this day December 26th 1863 McCormick Zion passes away. He is one of my third great grandfathers

McCormick was born January 22, 1795 in Virginia to John W Sr and Lucy McCormick.

McCormick was married twice, first to Sally Stuart with whom he had Sarah Zion. Sally died young some time before 1818.

McCormick then married Mary Gobble shortly after Sally's death in 1818.

McCormick and Mary had four children, Eliza , Mary, John Henderson ( my ancestor ) and Andrew.

I have copies of historical documents from a family bible where McCormick has recorded his marriages. You can see them here if you like.

They are surely a pleasure to own these copies with our family history regarding McCormick

Rest in peace grandpa... grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...