Sunday, December 12, 2010

Advent Calendar Day 12 Charitable / Volunteer Work


Advent Christmas - Day 12 Charitable work is what is the memory for today. As a child I do not remember much other than putting money in the Salvation army bucket.

As an adult I have done some but not enough. Always give money to Salvation Army to help them. One year served dinner there with a girl friend. She was Jewish and I was newly divorced from hubby 1. Boys were with father so I went with her. Was a great experience.

In California worked with another friend filling bags of food for the needy. That was a good experience but not as much as when I worked with my friend Fern serving dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...